For a French version of the policy click here / pour la version française de cette politique, cliquez ici
- Types of Information We Collect
- Use and Processing of Information
- Sharing of Information
- Your Choices
- How We Protect Personal Information
- Contact Information
Types of Information We Collect
We receive personal information from our customers, potential customers, vendors and employees.
The following provides examples of the type of information that we collect and how we use that information.
|Context||Types of Data||Primary Purpose for Collection
and Use of Data
|Information about Customers, Potential Customers and Vendors||We collect the name, and contact information, of our customers, potential customers, and vendors, and their employees with whom we interact.||We use information to communicate with our customers, potential customers and vendors concerning normal business administration such as products, projects, services, and billing.|
|Third Party Tracking||We engage with third party service providers such as Google and YouTube to support content appearing in this website and to provide analytics. As part of our user service agreement with those third-party providers, we must allow them to deploy cookies, some of which may collect information about you that they can use to track you when you go to other websites.||Our partnerships with third party service providers allow us to enhance our web content. We permit cookies on our website to participate in behavior-based advertising, which allows us to tailor our advertisements to better suit users’ interests.|
|Email Interconnectivity||If you receive email from us, we use certain tools to capture data related to when you open or interact with our messages.||We have a legitimate interest in understanding how you interact with our communications to you.|
|Employment||If you apply for a job posting, or become an employee, we collect information necessary to process your application or to retain you as an employee. This may include, among other things, your Social Security Number. Providing this information is required for employment.||We use information about current employees to perform our employment obligations (e.g., to process paychecks). In some contexts, we are also required or permitted by law to collect information about our employees, including (in some cases) health and welfare information. We also use employee-related information for efficient staffing and work force operations. We use information about job applicants to process employment applications.|
|Feedback/Support||If you provide us feedback or contact us for support we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content that you send to us, in order to reply.||We use this information to respond to your request or inquiry.|
|Health and Safety||If you work for us or visit our facility, we may collect information about you to maintain health and safety in the plant.||We use this information to ensure compliance with applicable health and safety requirements.|
|Mailing List||We may include you in our mailing list if you provide us with your contact information. If we do so we will collect your email address or postal address.||We use the information that we collect to send communications to you.|
|Web logs||We collect information, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to a computer when the Internet is used), domain name, click-activity, referring website, and/or a date/time stamp for visitors.||We monitor our networks and the visitors to our websites.|
In addition to the information that we collect from you, we may also receive information about you from other sources, including third parties, business partners, our affiliates, or publicly available sources. For example, if you submit a job application, or become an employee, we may conduct a background check.
Use and Processing of Information
In addition to the purposes and uses described above, we use information in the following ways:
- To identify you when you visit our websites.
- To provide products and services to your business or employer.
- To improve our services and product offerings.
- To conduct analytics.
- To respond to inquiries related to support, employment opportunities, or other requests.
- To send marketing and promotional materials, including information relating to our products, services, sales, or promotions.
- For internal administrative purposes, as well as to manage our relationships.
- For other purposes disclosed to you at the time you provide information or with your consent.
Although the sections above describe our primary purpose in collecting your information, in many situations we have more than one purpose. For example, if you purchase packaging from us, we collect your information to fulfill your order, but we also collect your information because we have a legitimate interest in understanding who our customers are and what services we perform on their behalf. As a result, our collection and processing of your information is based in different contexts upon your consent, our need to perform the services for which we are engaged, our obligations under law, and/or our legitimate interest in conducting our business. You may opt-out of the use of your personal information for secondary marketing purposes by contacting us at the address described below.
Sharing of Information
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this policy, we disclose information in the following situations:
- Affiliates and Acquisitions. We may share information with our corporate affiliates (g., parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). If another company acquires our company, business, or our assets, we will also share information with that company.
- Other Disclosures with Your Consent. We may ask if you would like us to share your information with unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this policy.
- Other Disclosures without Your Consent. We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, discovery requests, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, to comply with relevant laws, or otherwise to the extent permitted by law. We may also share your information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, or to comply with your request for the shipment of products to or the provision of services by a third party intermediary.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with service providers. Among other things service providers may help us to administer our website, conduct surveys, provide technical support, process payments, and assist in the fulfillment of orders. We use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that our service providers put in place adequate safeguards to protect the confidentiality of your personal information.
You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
- Promotional Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send promotional materials to you. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in e-mails that you receive or by contacting us at the address described below. Please understand that your decision to unsubscribe from promotional emails will be effective until you consent to receive communications again. Consent may be demonstrated by submission of a new contact form. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service related communications.
- Access to Your Personal Information. We will grant you, where required by law, reasonable access to the personal information that we have about you. You may request access to your personal information by contacting us in writing at the address described below. The files containing the personal information we collect will be stored in our offices or servers, or those of our service providers. Such files will only be accessible to our employees or those of our service providers that require such access for the purposes of fulfilling their duties.
- Changes to Your Personal Information. You can contact us at the address described below in order to request that your information be modified.
- Retention and Deletion of Your Personal Information. We typically retain personal information that we collect on our own behalf for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. You may request information about how long we keep a specific type of information, or request that we delete your personal information, by contacting us at the address described below.
- Revocation of Consent or Objections. You may revoke consent to processing (where our processing is based upon consent), or object to our processing (where our processing is not based upon your consent) of your personal information by contacting us at the address described below. If you revoke your consent or object, we may no longer be able to provide you services. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent / object if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity.
- Online Tracking. We do not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “Do Not Track” instructions.
How We Protect Personal Information
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of any unauthorized access to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
The following additional information relates to our privacy practices:
- Transmission of Information to Other Countries. By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of your information in a country other than your country of residence including, but not necessarily limited to, the United States and Canada. If you would like more information concerning our attempts to apply the privacy principles applicable in one jurisdiction to data when it goes to another jurisdiction you can contact us using the contact information below.
- Information for California Residents. California Civil Code 1798.115(c), 1798.130(a)(5)(c), 1798.130(c), and 1798.140 indicates that organizations should disclose whether certain categories of information are “sold” or transferred for an organization’s “business purpose” as those terms are defined under California law. You can find a list of the categories of information that we share here. Please note that because this list is comprehensive it may refer to types of information that we share about people other than yourself. California residents may be entitled in some cases to opt-out of having their information sold to third parties. If you are a California resident and would like to opt-out of having your information sold, please visit the following link: Do Not Sell My Personal Information. We do not discriminate against California consumers who exercise any of their rights described in this policy.
Contact Information. If you have any questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices please contact us at the appropriate address below. We will attempt to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional privacy-related information.
- By E-Mail: Legal@altiumpkg.com
- By Phone: 888-831-2184
- By Mail: 2500 Windy Ridge Parkway, Suite 1400, Atlanta, Georgia 30339 (Attn: Legal Department)
Effective Date: January 28, 2020